Bay Area HVAC Specialists Explain
Is your HVAC system ready for a hot summer? Many are predicting extreme temperatures and hot weather across the map. Before the heat hits, talk to an East Bay HVAC professional to have your system serviced and cleaned. This ensures your system will work at peak efficiency when you need it the most- and it won’t cost you more to cool your home.
Here are 10 tips to prep your home for a hot summer:
- Install and set a programmable thermostat; these conserve energy, too.
- Make sure to replace the AC air filter routinely. When these are dirty or clogged, your unit doesn’t function right, and it will use more energy to cool the home.
- If you have outdoor space, plant things strategically to provide shade for the home and AC unit. Keep a berth of a couple feet around the condenser or outside unit.
- Cover windows with awnings or shades to conserve energy and keep the home much cooler during the warmest time of day.
- How is your home’s insulation? You may want to add a layer in the attic or in any unconditioned areas of the home. You can simply add insulation to existing materials, but don’t try to remove any of it on your own; this is a job for a professional.
- Be wary of opening doors in the home. Each time you open the door, you let cold out- and the AC must work harder to cool it back down, which costs you money.
- It may surprise you that the coils of your refrigerator actually use a lot of energy and can heat up the house. Dust and wipe the coil periodically.
- Install ceiling fans to circulate and make the entire home cooler. These help warm air to rise, pushing down the cooler air in warm weather. Make sure that your fan blades turn in a counter clockwise motion for this to occur.
- Seal leaks and gaps that you come across. Invest in a tube of caulk or some adhesive stripping and seal up any spots where energy could be escaping. It can make such a difference!
- Call and work with a Castro Valley air conditioning professional. Sure, there are things that you can do to prepare for summer, a qualified HVAC professional will be able to help with an expert energy assessment.
Contact the Best Castro Valley HVAC Contractor for Help
Are you ready for a hot summer? If you need some help preparing your home for the season, talk to BA Morrison, a Bay Area air conditioning and HVAC contracting company, to learn more!