East Bay HVAC Maintenance Tips for the Spring
Spring is a time of fresh beginnings: The days become longer, the weather becomes warmer, and outdoor activities across the country bring joy. Countless people take spring as a signal to spruce up their homes through cleaning and maintenance tasks. Both outdoor and indoor Bay Area heating and cooling systems can benefit from some springtime attention. Our blog goes over some specific HVAC considerations to keep in mind.
Outdoor HVAC units are built to withstand the elements, but that doesn’t mean you should neglect them. To get your outdoor unit ready for the warmer months, complete the following tasks:
- Remove debris like dirt, branches, and leaves from around the unit. Do the same for encroaching vegetation.
- Examine the unit for damage. If you detect any, contact your HVAC company for assistance.
- Turn the unit off and vacuum the unit’s fins. To accomplish this, gently use a brush nozzle attachment.
- If your home has solar panels, clean them as well.
Spring is a great time to change the air filter of indoor HVAC systems. These are helpful steps to take:
- Turning on your ceiling fans before your air conditioning system will freshen up your air.
- Clean the supply vents and make sure they are not blocked by rugs, chairs, sofas, or other items.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, adjust its cooling schedule based on when people will be in the home. For instance, this may help a Castro Valley HVAC system keep a home cool during the area’s warm spells but not waste energy when everyone is at work or school.
The aforementioned tips focus on your HVAC system, but you can also take spring as an opportunity to help out other parts of your home. For example, cleaning your refrigerator’s coils and dusting all of your electronic devices will help them run more efficiently.
Contact our Castro Valley HVAC Specialists for More Info
After preparing your system, you’ll want to test it. If anything about its performance seems off, for instance its cooling power is inadequate, you may need to call a professional. East Bay HVAC services are available from BA Morrision. We’d love to help you get your unit ready for spring, so contact us here anytime.