Ideas to think about for your kitchen remodel.
You’ve decided it’s time to remodel your Bay Area kitchen. You’re equal parts nervous/excited and confused. Done right, your remodel can add tremendous value to your home and make day to day living more enjoyable. Done wrong, you could be investing in a money pit.
Before you call your general contractor, consider these kitchen remodeling ideas as you design your perfect kitchen.
- Shelve It. Remove upper cabinets, and replace them with open shelves. This can make a small kitchen look and feel bigger and give you display areas for grandma’s china.
- Upgrade Appliances. This kitchen remodeling strategy is an oldie but a goodie. Opt for newer, more energy efficient models to save on your utility bills.
- Update Hardware. Don’t have the budget for a complete remodel? A few coats of paint and new hardware can transform the look and feel of the room.
- Look Up. Add texture to your ceiling with tiles that mimic the look of antique tin (or some other fancy material) to reinvent the entire character of the room. Use metallic colored tiles, or paint them to complement the aesthetic.
- Think Subway. Subway tiles make great backsplashes and come in a variety of colors. They can also be installed in herringbone patterns for added visual interest.
- Rethink the Sink. Apron front sinks or farm sinks require minimal installation, and they can fit nearly any kitchen.
- Counter Attack. The newest laminates on the market mimic the look of stone counters but for a fraction of the cost.
- Lighten Up. Update your ceiling lights, add under and over the cabinet lighting, and put everything on dimmer controls to create the prefect mood for any event.
The general construction contractors at BA Morrison handle all types of home construction and remodeling projects.