A/C and Heating Maintenance Tips for Fall
Although it may be hard to believe, summer is already coming to a close, and fall is right around the corner. This time of transition represents the perfect opportunity to perform routine maintenance on home HVAC systems, especially when air conditioning needs are reduced (or eliminated) and heating needs have not yet emerged.
To keep cool air flowing and help prepare heating systems for chilly autumn nights, homeowners do well to attend to various maintenance needs, including:
- Replacing heating systems. Furnaces older than 10 years old are considerably less efficient than newer models. If yours is out of date, now is the time to consider a new installation.
- Cleaning or replacing air filters. Air conditioners and furnaces require clean filters to operate at their best. Service filters once every month.
- Removing obstructions. Pollen, leaves, or grass in HVAC systems often cause operational failures. Check these units often to ensure they remain clear.
- Maintaining furnace humidifier. As fall approaches, insert a new humidifier filter and turn on the water.
- Hire an expert. To ensure all systems are in their best working order, contact a local heating and cooling specialist to perform a full inspection and any necessary tune-ups.
Contact Our Castro Valley HVAC Specialists Today
How often do you check or maintain your air conditioner or furnace? Keeping homes safe, efficient, and comfortable depends upon regular maintenance. Contact the team at BA Morrison to learn more about our HVAC tune-up or property maintenance services. Give us a call today at 510-538-9817 or fill out our online contact form. We’ll make sure your home or commercial building is ready for the transition through the seasons.