The thought of having your kitchen invaded by people is an element of kitchen remodeling that you can’t escape from. Simply put, there’s no other way around it. Yes, it can be chaotic, but here’s how you can get through a kitchen renovation project while contractors, plumbers and electricians occupy your kitchen for weeks on end:
How to Have a Hassle-Free Kitchen Remodeling Project
How To Prepare
Fortunately, the contractors will try to work with you and your daily life as much as possible. You’ll still have access to the kitchen, but access to running water in the kitchen will depend on the extent of the project and your contractor’s timeline. You’ll definitely want to shorten the length of the Bay Area general construction work, so here’s what you can do:
– Gather your cookware, silverware, dishes, spices and any food that’s not in the fridge and move them out the kitchen.
– If you have pets, it’s advisable to move their feeding and water bowls somewhere else 7 to 10 days before the project begins to prevent unnecessary disruption.
When Can I Use My Kitchen?
Don’t be afraid to speak with your Castro Valley building contractor in regards to your kitchen renovation questions. He or she will have all the information regarding the remodeling process. A typical kitchen renovation will have guidelines and time-frames handled by your lead contractor. They’ll also advise you on when you on when it’s safe to use the kitchen, when certain features are usable/unusable, and when everything is off-limits.
What Can I Do?
There are several different options while a kitchen remodeling is underway.
- You can stay with a friend or a relative during the construction process.
- You can lessen the stress by preparing microwaveable meals in advance, eating out or having food delivered to your home.
- Better yet, why not take this opportunity to go on a well-deserved vacation? It doesn’t need to be far, but taking a few days off and getting away from the construction, will help ease the stress and angst of the project.
Remember that kitchen renovations don’t take forever and that you’ll have a new, shiny kitchen when it’s all said and done. Be patient and let the contractors do the work so you can have a kitchen you’ll be proud to call your own!
Contact Our Bay Area Kitchen Remodeling Experts
If you live in the East Bay Area and are looking to get your kitchen remodeled, without the hassle of doing it yourself, BA Morrison is the team to call. BA Morrison offers professional services for Bay Area kitchen remodeling, general construction, heating & air conditioning and property maintenance. Give us a call today at (510) 538-9817 or contact us online for more information.