How to Hire the Best East Bay General Contractor
Searching for a general contractor for your home or business can be a complicated process. To most easily locate the right contractor, ask yourself and the potential company the following questions:
1. What types of insurance do they have? All contractors should carry general liability and worker’s compensation insurance in case of accidents.
2. What licenses do they carry? Ask whether potential contractors have state licensing and verify they have had few to no complaints filed against them in the last 3 years.
3. How long have they been in business? Well-established contractors (10 or more years old) often provide higher quality and more predictable service.
4. Can they provide references? Ask for the names and phone numbers of 1-5 previous customers to learn about their experiences. Our website has a page just for testimonials from some of our completed projects.
5. Does their expertise meet my needs? Find out how much experience they have in the type of work you require.
6. What are their pricing policies? Ask for a detailed quote before agreeing to a contract. A contractor should ask for no more than 33 percent up front.
7. Do they have a physical location? Beware of a contractor lacking a business or home office, as well as those providing only a cell phone number.
8. Did a reliable source recommend them? Check with trade associations, friends, family, and business associates to find a building contractor they have worked with successfully.
Call the Construction and HVAC Team at B.A. Morrison
For a contractor meeting all the above requirements and more, choose B.A. Morrison for your next kitchen remodeling or home renovation project. Give us a call today at 510-538-9817 for a free, friendly estimate.