Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling Tips Help Maximize Tight Spaces
Small spaces don’t have to mean wasted or cluttered areas of your home. Our Castro Valley HVAC contractors offer these professional tips to help you make the most your small spaces.
- Use open shelving to make kitchens and bathrooms look and feel bigger.
- Create a room divider with open shelving to separate dining and living areas in small apartments.
- Take advantage of room nooks to create a functional work space by adding a built-in desk and shelving.
- Hang a large mirror to give reflect light and create the illusion of a bigger space.
- Paint the ceiling the same color as the walls, and the room will look larger than it is.
- Add over the door storage with shelves that can be used to display art, books, or personal treasures.
- Remove window drapes or use sheer curtains to give the sense of the space extending to the outdoors.
- Install pocket doors, which take up less space when the door is left open. This remodeling technique also creates a clean line for the room.
- Install flooring diagonally across the room, and use the same flooring throughout the space.
- A general contractor will often use dark flooring against light-colored walls to make a space feel more open.
Prepare to Make Your Dreams a Reality by Hiring the Best Remodeling Contractor
BA Morrison is an Angie’s List Superior Service Award Winning Building Contractor. We can handle practically any type of home remodeling project and work within your budget and time constraints to deliver amazing work and dependable craftsmanship. Please call 510-538-9817 or email us for a free consultation about how to maximize your space.