Our Castro Valley general construction team often works with landlords and investors on complex development projects. Whether clients build massive, complex structures or deal with relatively small scale operations, they always face maintenance challenges.
The process of keeping your facility in ship shape can be surprisingly involved and confusing. The consequences for mistakes are not pretty. They can include:
- Friction with other contractors, investors, and partners;
- Big fines and fees;
- Expensive clean up and remediation costs;
- Anxiety and frustration for the developer, investor, and other parties.
The Bay Area general contractor team at B.A. Morrison can help you improve the maintenance process, cut down on your energy costs, and nip problems in the bud. You should document your maintenance process and update and improve it, over time. Add these items to your checklist:
- Deal with pests, mold, mildew, and other “natural degradation” sooner than later. If you own a large property, for instance, consider hiring an exterminator every month as a form of prophylaxis. It’s a lot easier to catch a rat infestation, when only two or three creatures are roaming the building – as opposed to 200 or 300.
- Remember: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Catch a mold problem, tile grout/caulking issue, or water leak early, and you can often address it cheaply and permanently. Once the problem spreads, clean up costs exponentially soar.
- Check vital maintenance beacons like smoke detectors, CO detectors, and the fire safety system. Do this both to protect your tenants and property AND to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Do due diligence with respect to your HVAC system.
B.A. Morrison is a family-owned, experienced Castro Valley general construction team. We can help you install and revitalize your HVAC maintenance process as well as deal with other commercial property maintenance issues. Call us or email us to schedule a free estimate today: 510-538-9817.