Keep Your HVAC System in Top Shape with These Tips
Spring cleaning isn’t just about removing the clutter from your house. To keep your homestead in a top shape, you need to also ensure that your HVAC system is thoroughly inspected, professionally cleaned, and working to its full potential. The cleaning and maintenance of your air-conditioning and heating unit before the beginning of another new season — is an extremely helpful in keeping your energy bills down.
Professional HVAC technicians tend to be busier during the peak cooling season. Therefore, spring is undoubtedly the best time to get them booked for a professional HVAC inspection, repair, and maintenance service.
Getting your HVAC equipment squeaky-clean in the spring offers you a lot of advantages (as described below).
- Ensure that HVAC system is fully functional and perfectly operating
- Energy and cost saving benefits
- Inspection of every core component of your HVAC unit to ensure that it’s working to the full potential
- Detect early signs of possible damage and wear and repair them on time before it becomes a bigger and more expensive problem
- Regular maintenance can significantly impact and extend the lifespan of an HVAC unit
- Preparing your HVAC system for the peak cooling season
Keep reading and learn seven spring cleaning and maintenance tips for your HVAC system.
- Inspect your HVAC equipment for early signs of damage and wear — This is an excellent tip that will detect early signs of damage and wear before they turn into costly repairs. At BA Morrison, our Bay Area air conditioning technicians will meticulously inspect each and every component of your HVAC system and detect the possible signs of wear, tear, and damage.
- Change and clean the air filter: A dirty filter not only increases the energy costs, but also it damages your equipment. BA Morrison recommends you to clean and change the air filter (whenever needed) to ensure that your HVAC unit is running efficiently. This an easy task that most people can handle themselves throughout the year.
- Cleaning the area around the heat pump: To ensure a smooth, free flow of air, the area around the heat pump needs to be properly clean and clutter-free. Please make sure to remove the debris like grass clippings, branches, and leaves that impede airflow of the heat pump.
- Inspect the thermostat: As a part of the spring maintenance of your HVAC system, hire our East Bay air conditioning technicians to inspect the thermostat and make sure it’s functioning properly.
- Lubricating moving parts: Proper lubrication of the moving parts of an HVAC will reduce friction and result in an energy-saving benefit.
- Cleaning the condensate drain: Please note, a condensate drain can lead to damage to your HVAC equipment. The experienced and professional East Bay HVAC technicians of BA Morrison will help you inspect and clean a condensate drain.
- Tightening electrical connections: Faulty electrical connections will reduce the lifespan of major HVAC components. Taking this into consideration, our technician will help you tighten electrical connections and ensure that the motors are operating at the specific voltage and current limit.
The aforementioned seven spring cleaning and maintenance tips can greatly increase the lifespan of your HVAC. So, what are you waiting for?
Would you like to a Bay Area HVAC Inspection?
We are a renowned East bay HVAC contractor. Contact us today and get your HVAC system thoroughly inspected and serviced by our experienced and skilled technicians.