East Bay Building and Kitchen Remodeling Questions
Don’t hire just any Castro Valley building contractor and HVAC company to work on your home; do your due diligence and ask ten important and pointed questions to East Bay HVAC contractors regarding whether they are the best candidate for your job.
Before you hire a Bay Area building contractor, make sure to ask these ten important questions:
- What experience do you have? Your early interactions with potential contractors should involve asking about their prior experience with HVAC systems like yours.
- What is the structure or hierarchy of the company? Find out more about the structure of their company and how many people work there. Determine if they are the owner, supervisor, or simply an employee.
- Can you provide a detailed timeline of the work? Ask if the contractor can provide tangible timeline details and a good estimate of when the chore will be completed. This is not the time for ambiguity.
- How are the project schedules managed? Inquire how they manage their project scheduling and if your job will be started right away, in tandem with other tasks, or if it is in-queue for later.
- Will there be a supervisor on-site during the job? Ask about site supervision and if the individual you are speaking with will be present during the project.
- Who is the go-to person during the project? Find out the name of the contact person during the project and how you will get in touch with them.
- Will the agreement be put in writing? Make sure that the contractor is willing and able to put what you are discussing and agreeing to in writing for both of you.
- What is the payment arrangement? Ask how much the deposit is and what the payment terms are for the remaining balance. Don’t agree to something that will cause hardship or that you know you will be unable to meet.
- What if I am not happy? Find out how the contractors deal with and settle disputes as well as what to do if you are displeased with the work.
- What are your qualifications? Ask them if they are insured, bonded, licensed, and qualified to do the task; this should actually be the very-first thing that you discuss with prospective contractors. You can confirm their qualifications by contacting the state board that oversees contractors in the region or the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Questions? Ask Our Castro Valley Building Contractor
Asking direct questions can save time and hassle later-on; be frank and to-the point to find a contractor that is qualified and prepared for the job that you need completed. Contact our East Bay building contractors today at (510) 538-9817 or via our online contact form here.